ma 04. syysk.|
Tvärminne Zoological Station
EECD Seminar 2023
Experimental Evolution & Community Dynamics Seminar is here again!
Time & Location
04. syysk. 2023 klo 12.00 UTC+3 – 06. syysk. 2023 klo 12.00 UTC+3
Tvärminne Zoological Station, J. A. Palménin tie 260, 10900 Hanko, Finland
About the event
Experimental Evolution & Community Dynamics Seminar will be held in Tvärminne zoological station (Finland), Sept. 4th - 6th 2023
Organizers Teppo Hiltunen (University of Turku) email@example.com (With Ville Mustonen, Ville Friman and Lutz Becks)
Minna Maunula (firstname.lastname@example.org)
(Laura Ahola (email@example.com))
We are looking forward to having you all with us in the EECD 2023 seminar! We have now updated the event web pages so that all the essential information can be found easily from one place. The registered participants have also received an email containing the same information and seminar programme. Please read the instructions carefully.
- The seminar programme can be found as attachment (pdf) in the latest email
- After the academic seminar programme, we have planned a nice and relaxing evening programme for everyone! On both Monday and Tuesday evening, all participants will have the opportunity to participate in a sauna. The sauna session will last 2 hours and will be organized as a mixed sauna. So please remember to bring your swimsuit. Snacks and refreshments will be served during/after the sauna. Evening snacks are served in the fireplace room on the floor below the dormitories. More information about Finnish sauna etiquette can be found here.
- If you have a poster presentation, please bring a printed poster with you. The recommended size is A0. Please note that it is not possible to print posters on site.
- If you applied for an oral presentation, all talks were accepted and you will have 12 min + 3 min for your presentation of your chosen and submitted topic.
- The total costs for the whole symposium is 210 euros/participant, including accommodation and all the meals at the venue. This will be paid at the venue (card & cash payments to Tvärminne office, open between 9am and 3pm).
- The accommodation at the station will be in shared rooms (2 persons/ room) with shared toilet and shower facilities separately on the corridor. The rooms will be divided at the station once arrived.
- A bus service has been arranged for participants on Monday morning from Helsinki to Tvärminne. The return journey on Wednesday leaves at noon from Tvärminne to Helsinki via Helsinki city center to Helsinki-Vantaa airport. The bus timetable and stops are as follows:
- Departure from Kiasma bus stop at 9.00 (Mannerheiminaukio 2, 00100 Helsinki), preferably be there a bit earlier.
- Arrival in Tvärminne at approx. 11.00
- Departure from Tvärminne at 11.30 in the morning
- Stop at Kiasma at approx. 13.15 in the afternoon
- Last stop at Helsinki-Vantaa airport at approx. 13.45
IMPORTANT: If you don’t need a bus transportation from Helsinki to Tvärminne and back, please inform Minna Maunula (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 31.8.2023
In urgent matters, please contact directly:
- After 14th of August: event coordinator Minna Maunula email@example.com
Looking forward of having You all with us in Tvärminne!